What is the African Academic and Researcher and how can it be useful to young academics in Africa? – The African Academic / Researcher
In October 2020, we had a chance to talk to iLEAPS Early Career Scientists about what our blog is and how it can help young academics and researchers across Africa. Here is a podcast record of the discussion. Listen and give us your comments and opinions, as we are planning to renovate our blog and start with new approach, specially focusing on academics and researchers from disadvantaged and vulnerable communities across Africa.
Department of food technology, safety and health at the Faculty of Bioscience Engineering comprises a multidisciplinary team of integrated laboratories and teams that perform research, education and services in the fields of Food Technology, Food Microbiology, Food Chemistry, Nutrition & Health, Packaging and Food Safety & Risk Assessment. You will be enrolled at Ghent University for a PhD in Applied Biological Sciences. We offer and expect from you to take a responsible and devoted role in studying microbial colonization of micro and nanoplastics (MNP) by pathogens and characterization of virulence, toxin production, antibiotic resistance and uptake into foods. You will be working under the supervision of Prof. Andreja Rajkovic and a postdoc working on the project, and you will report to the Professor and postdoc in charge. As PhD student at Ghent University, you will collaborate with enthusiastic colleagues at our Department and with all international partners in the project. We expect from you to spend part of your PhD time with some of our partners abroad to generate additional skills and create your own professional networks.
Master in Food safety & toxicology, in Toxicology & Environmental Health, in Bioscience Engineering: Food science & nutrition, in Bioscience Engineering: Cell & Gene Biotechnology with excellent grades.
1. Theoretical knowledge and experience in laboratory techniques pertinent to applied bacteriology
2. You have strong interest or passion for biological data generation and data interpretation;
3. Advanced use of MS Excel, MS Power Pont and MS Word, use of SPSS (or related packages)
4. Additional plus is the theoretical knowledge and practical experience with gene expression studies,
5. Proficiency in spoken and written English, Communication and presentation skills
June 01, 2021 00:00
- Apply by sending your application to: email@example.com before the application deadline (1st of June, 2021). We do not accept applications that are not submitted through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- Professional resume (CV) named as: CV_”family name”
- Motivation letter named as: Motivation Letter ”Family name”
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc) named as: Transcripts ”family name”
- Full contact details (Name, address, telephone & email) of at least 1 professional referee.
- We offer a position for 1 year. With possible extension for maximum 3 additional years
- An exciting, multidisciplinary and multicultural research environment.
- The possibility to participate in international conferences and collaborations
- Salaries are as defined by UGent officially salary scales.
For more information please visit this link