The African Climate and Development Initiative (ACDI) at the University of Cape Town (UCT) is developing its priority research themes in its second five-year Phase. ACDI is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Fellow (PDRF) who would grow research expertise and generate valuable outputs in a critically important area where there is a scarcity of African scholars.
The successful candidate will assist in research on the theme: Enhancing knowledge systems for climate resilience working to identify strengths and gaps in existing climate knowledge systems, diagnose their underlying reasons, and develop and test innovations to fill the gaps. This overarching theme is supported by expanding areas of research relating to Ecosystem Services and Livelihoods, Climate Services, Climate Change and Health, African Climate Risk, Water and Food Security in a Changing Climate, and Resilient Cities.
Value and Tenure of Award
- The value of the Fellowship is R 205 000 per annum and is tenable for two years.
- The Fellowship does not include any travel allowances, accommodation or other benefits.
- Application for tax exemption will be made by the University.
pplicants should satisfy the following criteria:
- Postdoctoral research fellowships are only available to individuals who have achieved the doctoral degree within the past 5 years;
- Applicant may not previously have held full-time permanent professional or academic posts;
- No benefits or allowances are included in the value of the fellowship;
- The successful candidate will be required to comply with the policies and practices for the Postdoctoral Research Sector at the University of Cape Town; and
- The successful candidate will be required to register at the University of Cape town as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow and will be expected to commence the required research at a mutually agreed date that is no later than 1 March 2018.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are able to demonstrate ability for independent study, research design and implementation, and writing skills in English.
Deadline for application is 19 January 2018
Read more detailed requirements on this link. Requests for further information about the fellowship and complete applications including transcripts, letters, etc, should be sent to: Mr Paballo Chauke: Paballo.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to know more details on this opportunity, please visit this link.
If you want any support in making an application, post your question in the comment box below.
If you would like to receive similar opportunities regularly, please follow this blog by inserting your email in the follow box in the top right side of this page.