The position is limited to 36 months.
The successful candidate will work in the German Science foundation (DFG) funded project: “Detecting genomic signatures of ecological speciation and parallel evolution in oaks”
– Analysis of genomic signatures of speciation in European and North American oaks using whole genome resequencing
– Sampling of interspecific species pairs in Europe and North America
– Analysis of Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms in selected populations
– Publication of results in peer-reviewed journals
– Assistance with the organization and coordination of the project
– Master degree in biology, agricultural sciences, forest sciences or related disciplines
– High motivation and enthusiasm
– Sound knowledge and understanding of molecular and genetic methods
– Experience and profound knowledge in statistics and data analysis
– Excellent English language skills
– Very good written and oral communication skills
– Ability to work in a team
Deadline for application is 25.09.2019
Please send your application with the usual documents (in electronic form preferably in a single PDF-file) by e-mail to: Georg-August-Universität Göttingen, Abt. für Forstgenetik und Forstpflanzenzüchtung, Büsgenweg 2, 37077 Göttingen, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please contact: Prof. Dr. Oliver Gailing, Phone: 0551 39 33536, E-Mail: email@example.com
If you need help in responding to this cal, please write your question in the comment box below.
If you need to receive similar opportunities like this one, please follow this blog by pressing the follow button in the upper right corner of this page.