The University of Twente seeks a PhD candidate for a European Research Council project in which you will take an active part in developing an exciting new research direction linking Earth observation (EO) with eDNA metabarcoding and metagenomics for biodiversity assessment.
- An MSc in biology, natural resource sciences (environment, forestry, agriculture), geography, social sciences, or similar.
- Experience with remote sensing, geographical data and GIS.
- Refined written and oral skills in English at IELTS level > 7.0..
- Willingness and ability to upscale from in situ plot or interview, data, through to satellite level, as well as link science to policy.
- Willingness to work in a multidisciplinary science team.
- Knowledge of eDNA.
- Field work experience collecting geographical, social and/or natural resource data.
Deadline for application is 26 August 2019
Make an online application here
For more information on this opportunity visit this.
If you need help in making this application, please write your question in the comment box below.
If you need to receive similar opportunities like this one, please follow this blog by pressing the follow button in the upper right corner of this page.