Applications are invited for the Social Justice PhD Scholarship offered by the School of Social Policy, Social Work and Social Justice. This is a fully funded PhD scholarship for applicants pursuing full time doctoral research in the area of Social Justice. Social Justice is an inter-disciplinary area which advances theoretical and empirical understanding of social justice issues including inequality, exploitation and oppression. Social Justice comprises the disciplines of Equality Studies and Gender Studies.
Applicants must have completed and earned high grades in a taught Masters programme in an area of social science or a cognate field, and be able to demonstrate a research interest that fits with the interest of the School’s academic staff in the area of Social Justice.
Applications should be submitted to the School by 10/08/2019
Applications cannot be considered until we have received the following documentation, which should be contained in your application:
- Cover letter stating the reasons for your interest in the Social Justice PhD Scholarship
- Thesis proposal (3-5 pages maximum) including research question, literature review and proposed methodology
- Copies of all academic transcripts (undergraduate and postgraduate)
V. or Resume (2 pages maximum)
- Two academic references (actual letters, on headed institutional paper, required). If sent by email, they should be from an institutional email address. The School of Social Policy, Social Work and Social Justice reserves the right to verify all references.
- Evidence of English language competence, where non-native English-speaking applicants have NOT obtained previous university degrees from a university in an English-speaking country.
Complete applications should be emailed to Elizabeth.Hassell@ucd.ie
For more information on this opportunity visit this.
If you need help in making this application, please write your question in the comment box below.
If you need to receive similar opportunities like this one, please follow this blog by pressing the follow button in the upper right corner of this page.