The Partnership for skills in Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology (PASET) is an African-led initiative with the objective of strengthening skills in the Applied Science, engineering and Technology to further socio-economic transformation in sub- Saharan Africa (SSA). The Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund (RSIF) is the flagship program of PASET. The primary objective of RSIF is to train high quality PhD and post-doctoral students to address the human resource gap of highly qualified specialists in the fields of applied sciences, engineering, and technology (ASET) and to contribute to improving research and innovation capacities in those fields in sub-Saharan Africa. RSIF supports PhD students, post-doctoral scientists and universities in SSA to establish a high-quality training, research and innovation environment and to develop their institutional capacity for the benefit of the whole region.
RSIF is currently funded by contributions from African governments, the World Bank and the Government of Korea; and implemented by the International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe), Nairobi, Kenya, as the RSIF Regional Coordinating Unit (RCU-icipe).
The PASET priority thematic areas are: ICTs including big data and artificial intelligence; food security and agribusiness; minerals, mining and materials engineering; energy including renewables; and climate change.
- Master’s degree holders in a relevant field of study
- Citizens of a sub-Saharan African country willing to enroll full-time in a PhD program at an RSIF African Host University
- Priority will be given to women and existing young academic faculty at African Universities
- Demonstrate leadership potential, such as community service in areas related to PASET RSIF fields of study
- Further information on the PhD program specific requirements and RSIF AHU admissions criteria can be found here: RSIF African Host Universities and available PhD programs
Deadline for application is Deadline for Applications: 22nd July 2019 at 5:00pm (GMT)Deadline for application is
Completed application forms and accompanying supporting documents must be received ONLINE through the following website LINK.
If you need any support on this applicaiton, write your question on the comment box below.
If you would like to receive similar opportunities in the future, follow this blog by clicking on the follow button in the upper right side.