The Global Development Institute (GDI) is pleased to announce the availability of six full scholarships for academically excellent professionals studying a GDI campus-based master’s course commencing in September 2018. The scholarship covers tuition fees, living expenses, flights to the UK, and visas.
It is not necessary to have an academic offer of admission to apply for the scholarship. There is no advantage or disadvantage to having an academic offer.
If you are selected for the scholarship you will be automatically admitted for the course of your choice.
Six scholarships are available across our GDI courses.
One scholarship will be allocated to each of the four subject areas below, with the remaining two scholarships to be decided by the selection committee.
- You are a resident citizen of Ghana, Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania or Zambia, and have not previously studied outside Africa.
- You hold a bachelor’s degree with a minimum classification of second class honours upper division (2:1) or its international equivalent.
- You have at least three years of relevant post-graduation work experience (this does not include unpaid internships or voluntary work).
- You have a clear idea of how studying in Manchester will benefit both your career and the wider community.
You must also hold one of the following English tests:
- an overall score of 6.5 in IELTS, with 6.5 in writing and no other subsections below 6.0
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE), with a C in English
- Tanzanian National Examination, with a C in English
- General Certificate of Education (issued by the Examinations Council of Zambia), with a 6 in English.
Please be aware that this is a competitive scholarship scheme, and eligibility does not guarantee an award.
The closing date for applications for September 2018 is Friday 27 April 2018, but earlier application is advisable.
ll applications should be submitted using the online application form:
You will be required to submit the following supporting documents.
- Copies of official degree certificates and transcripts of your previous study, showing the subjects taken and grades obtained. If these documents are in languages other than English please provide official translations.
- Two written references (one academic and one professional), signed by the referee and on official headed paper.
- A personal statement detailing how studying in Manchester will benefit both your career and the wider community.
- Your CV.
- Copies of English Language Certification (e.g. IELTS, TOEFL or Pearson test score report).
Successful applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application within a month of the deadline. Shortlisted candidates may be required to attend a Skype interview.
Please email email@example.com if you have any enquiries.
For detailed information on this opportunity, please visit this page.
If you want any support in making an application, post your question in the comment box below.
If you would like to receive similar opportunities regularly, please follow this blog by inserting your email in the follow box in the top right side of this page.