The World Bank, through African Governments, set up projects to establish African Centres of Excellence (ACEs) in line with enhancing partnership in skill development and advancement of technology through research and capacity building. The Centre of Excellence in Sustainable Agriculture and Agribusiness Management – CESAAM is part of ACE II project which is hosted in Egerton University, Kenya. The broad objective of CESAAM is to contribute to sustainable agriculture and agribusiness management through capacity development, research, innovation and technology transfer for enhanced food security.
The Centre seeks to offer limited competitive MSc and PhD support to eligible applicants from Africa. Preference will be given to applicants from the following institutions that are key partners in the project:
- The University of Rwanda, Rwanda,
- The University of Juba, South Sudan,
- The University of Brundi, Brundi,
- Gulu University, Uganda,
- Sokoine University of Agriculture, Tanzania,
- Egerton University, Kenya
- Kenya Agricultural and Livestock Research Organization, Kenya
- BeCA, ILRI
Applicants should be in different agricultural, natural resource, biological and biotechnology fields listed here.
Deadline for application is 30 April 2018
Interested candidates may apply either by email or by post. The applicant must submit the following
- Application cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- certified copies of transcripts and certificates
- For PhD applicants, a concept note of not more than 4 pages stipulating research area of interest
- a completed application forms for MSc degree and PhD degree.
For application by post, and addressed to CESAAM Programmes-Egerton University, P.O. Box 536-20115, Egerton, Kenya
For email, submissions send to email@example.com
For detailed information on this opportunity read this document.
If you want any support in making an application, post your question in the comment box below.
If you would like to receive similar opportunities regularly, please follow this blog by inserting your email in the follow box in the top right side of this page.