The Government of the People’s Republic of China through UNESCO is offering seventy-five (75) fellowships for advanced studies at undergraduate and postgraduate levels for the academic year 2018-2019. These fellowships are for the benefit of developing Member States in Africa, Asia–Pacific, Latin America, Europe and North America and Arab region.
Tenable at a selected number of Chinese universities, these fellowships are intended for scholars who plan to pursue advanced studies or undertake individual research with periodic guidance from the assigned supervisor in China for a duration of one year. Selected candidates will undertake their studies in the host universities as visiting scholars. Most of the study programmes will be conducted in English. Selected candidates will undertake their studies in the host universities as visiting scholars. In exceptional cases, candidates may be required to study Chinese language before taking up research or studying in their fields of interet
- Applicants applying for General Scholar programs must not be older than the age of forty-five (45) and have completed at least two years of undergraduate study
- Applicants applying for Senior Scholar programmes must be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) and not older than the age of fifty (50).
- English proficiency is required.
- Be in good health, both mentally and physically.
- Pre-admission letter is not mandatory for application.
Deadline for application is 25 March 2018
Follow the following steps for making an application
- Step 1: Read carefully the Announcement letter, especially the attached ANNEX II, for UNESCO/China Co-Sponsored Fellowships Programme 2018-2019 to understand the requirements for eligible candidatures and the procedures for the submission of application.
- Step 2: Contact the National Commission for UNESCO of your country to enquire the application procedures at national level. Click here for the information to contact the National Commissions for UNESCO.
- Applicants are encouraged to contact in advance with their target Chinese universities and apply for the pre-admission. For the applicants who have received the pre-admission letters from by the time of submission, please attach the letters in your supporting documents.
- Step 3: Prepare your application documents (in English or Chinese) properly according to the requirements prescribed in ANNEX II.
- Step 4: Submit your application to the National Commission for UNESCO of your country. NOTE: As National Commission for UNESCO of the invited countries will select and transmit the applications of nominated candidates to UNESCO Paris Headquarter by 26 March 2018 at the latest, applicants are advised to submit their application to the National Commissions as early as possible.
- Step 5: As soon as You are informed by the National Commission for UNESCO of your country that you are nominated as a candidate for this programme, you should complete the online application and submit all the supporting documents on the online application system of China Scholarship Council.
Note: Hard copies of application documents are not required any more from this year and it is mandatory for each nominated candidate to submit his/her application in the online application system. Candidates should mention their serial number of online application when their applications are submitted to UNESCO. Any application without online registration will not be considered.
- Step 6: Your online application form, along with the endorsement letter from the National Commission for UNESCO of your country and all your application documents should be submitted to Mr Stoyan Bantchev, Chief of the Participation Programme and Fellowships Section by e-mail (s.bantchev(at)unesco.org), with b.qin(at)unesco.organd v.lopy(at)unesco in copy by 26 March 2018 at the lates.
For detailed information on this opportunity, visit this link.
If you want any support in making an application, post your question in the comment box below.
If you would like to receive similar opportunities regularly, please follow this blog by inserting your email in the follow box in the top right side of this page.