The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) is an international scientific institute that conducts research into the critical issues of global environmental, economic, technological, and social change.
Since 1977, IIASA’s annual 3-month Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP) offers research opportunities to talented young researchers whose interests correspond with IIASA’s ongoing research on issues of global environmental, economic and social change.Funding is provided through IIASA’s National Member Organizations.
- Full fund for undertaking research and write up at IIASA for 3-4 months
- Advance the research under the direct supervision of an experienced IIASA scientist.
- Broaden the research interests by working in the IIASA interdisciplinary and international research environment.
- Build contacts with IIASA’s worldwide network and collaborate with the institute during future career.
- Produce a paper which will be the first step towards a publishable journal article.
- PhD students (ideally about 2 years prior to receiving a PhD).
- Working on a field compatible with ongoing research at IIASA.
- With a wish to explore the policy implications of your work.
- Applicants from all countries are welcome, although IIASA gives priority to citizens or residents of NMO countries.
- Participation in the YSSP is only possible for one summer.
January 11, 2018 (9 Days Remaining)
- Identify the fields and Programs where IIASA is working to see if you are compatible
- Prepare a proposal and other documents according to the guidelines
- Make an online application at this portal
If you need more information on this particular opportunity, please visit this page.
If you want any support in making an application, post your question in the comment box below.
If you would like to receive similar opportunities regularly, please follow this blog by inserting your email in the follow box in the top right side of this page.