The Science by Women programme will fund 10 six-month visiting senior research fellowships for ten experienced African women researchers in any of the following international research centres of excellence based in Spain.
The aim of the call is to promote African women’s leadership in scientific research and technology transfer and to foster the capacity of the research centres in their home countries. The main goal is to enable African women researchers and scientists to tackle the great challenges faced by Africa through research in Health and biomedicine, agriculture and food security, water, energy and climate change, mathematics, Information and Communication Technologies as well as Economic Sciences.
Who can apply?
- Women researchers nationality of an African country.
- PhD with at least 3 years of post-doctoral professional experience
- Contractual relationship with a university or a public or private non-profit organization
- Based in Africa dedicated to significant scientific research in the areas indicated (see in second paragraph of what?)
- Excellent academic record and proven track of relevant research experience
- Solid working knowledge of English
- Proven experience leading a research group
What is required to apply?
- Letter of Interest (max. 1 page)
- Full curriculum vitae
- Fully filled form
- Brief but concise description of the project to be developed in the Spanish
- host centre (max. 2 pages)
- A letter of the prospective host group’s stating its interest to support the project proposed by the candidate.
Successful candidates will have access to:
- Flight from their centre of origin to the host institution and back
- Living allowance of 2.400 Euros gross per month to cover accommodation, personal expense and health and occupational accident insurance coverage.
Deadline for proposals submission September 20, 2017
For further information, please refer the following link: